The Old Ligure Club
4799 Shattuck Avenue/Oakland, CA 94609
The Ligure Club in
The Ligure Club house was built for an Italian American social club
at 4799 Shattuck Avenue in 1938. It had a spacious dance floor
(auditorium), an extensive barroom, a kitchen and banquet hall on the
basement level under the auditorium, an indoor bocce-ball court behind
the auditorium, and numerous social amenities on the upper level.
With a number of mezzanines, bathrooms, and other rooms, the total
floor area was approximately 21,000 square feet.
The building was purchased in 1995 by John Givens as a residence
for his family. Today, the auditorium has become a
music/media/banquet room, with wet bar.
The barroom has become a reception and meeting area.
The bocce-ball court has been given a concrete floor to become an
hobby and resource room The main kitchen and dining area
has been moved out of the basement level, which is now a game room,
library, and lounge.
The upper level has been remodeled with living and sleeping quarters,
including a spa
and a kitchen